Crème brûlée, also known as burnt cream, is a creamy rich custard dessert topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel. That was the color inspiration for the theme pack for the latest Mixed Media challenge put together for Tessera Fine Art Gallery. Every packet has a comparable stash of items, but not identical. Here is a representative view of the packets, only available through the gallery.
The idea of the challenge is to use at least 5 items out of this challenge bag in your own mixed media art and show your piece in the August featured artist challenge exhibit at the gallery on August 26. The leftover supplies are yours to keep to create even more art. The piece can be for sale or not, but either way it is a wonderful way to experience YOUR art hanging in a gallery! Here are the details:
- Use at least 5 items from this bag to use in a mixed media collage
- Add paint or other mediums of your choice
- Multiple packs may be purchased, but limit of one entry per person per show
- Finished size to be 11 x 14 or 12 x 12 or smaller excluding frame size
- Turn in finished work no later than August 16
- Challenge pieces will be featured during August 26 Final Friday reception
And the cost for the packet and challenge entry? Just $10! This is open to anyone near and far, but hurry because these go fast! Visit or call the gallery at (316) 262-2435 to secure your packet!
I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!