The ready to bake pie crust is filled with banana pudding “gravy”, orange Starburst candy “carrots” (cut one square in 1/4) , green skittle “peas”, and banana hunks of “chicken”. Actually makes a pretty tasty dessert that you will eat for the main course. Then you will finish your backward meal with the main course of frosted cupcakes, which are actually meatloaf baked in cupcake papers, frosted with creamy mashed potatoes and topped with a cherry tomato. (The idea for the meatloaf cupcakes was inspired years ago from an issue of Family Fun magazine). Easy Peasy and so much fun!
Here’s your shopping list:
ready to roll out and bake piecrusts
- instant banana pudding (and milk if you don’t have it on hand!)
- big bag of Starburst candy (you will only use the orange so you will just have to figure out what to do with the rest)
- big bag of Skittles candy (ditto)
- hamburger, egg, breadcrumbs, seasoning – all the standard stuff for your favorite meatloaf recipe
- mashed potatoes (fix extra smooth and swirl on like frosting)
- cherry or grape tomatoes
Presentation is everything, so be sure and keep a straight face as you serve your culinary masterpiece!
photos from http://www.bigstockphoto.com/browse/category/